to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jul 28, 2012

wood - most recent works

hildA de schutter (me) - PAALwoningen (pile-dwellings)

The subject - fragility, urbanisation (hence the importance of the shadow on the wall) - of the art tour Kunst op het Hof inspired me for my most recent works in wood.


my debut with the chainsaw...


Made from reclaimed centuries old timber from the neighbours barn that didn't survive a heavy storm some years ago.  Some of the beams still have the original hand-forged nails.


I quite like the combination with Clemens Maassen's painting


detail of Calvino by Clemens Maassen






and I can't get enough of the new look of our barn... but new plans are budding in my mind...


related posts

No comments: