to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jul 20, 2011

Luc Schuiten - visionary architect

MACHINES IMPROBABLES
visionary and poetic ways of transport (part I)








Le Sautraile





L'ornithoplane à ailes battantes

detail - I just love this!





Le Chenillard





Le Cyclo





my apologies for the reflection in the photos




Le Tramodulaire




We left the exhibition (more on that tomorrow) with two books by Luc Schuiten.  Bad weather is predicted the next days but I won't mind... I'm going to explore this gorgeous visionary world and get inspired.



I love his work ever since I had the chance to visit his dream house Orejona some 35 years ago.  He showed a book he was working on about a house project that involved putting seven cherry stones in the ground and wait for them to grow into trees and then build a diamond shaped house in it.  Pure magic!

Luc Schuiten
information on the books, click HERE




ARTour 2011 biennial

DERIVATIONS
until 28.08.2011

No comments: