to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jan 13, 2011

Alvaro Tamarit - scrap wood design

Wood... old bits of wood ... scraps of wood with flaked and fading paint...  My favourite material. 
I've seen a tiny part of heaven in Jessica Bataille's shop in Javea.
Alvaro Tamarit has become one of my favourite artists.


I wonder if his studio lies behind this curtain, I didn't dare to ask to have a peek inside.





Mixed media collages and a sculpture similar to the ones we saw in the wine bar in the previous post.










A growing sculpture with separate 'building blocks'.



















I'd love to be a child again when I see this ... irresistable





The tiniest colourful scraps are used (very inspiring, my studio is filled with them).





Could I turn this into a space with a desk for my computer?




But the PIECE DE RESISTANCE is definetely this one ...


Fascinating!

Next time we go to Spain we'll have to take the car,  I didn't dare to take one of the art works on the plane.





use the 'search this blog' on top right of page to find more on Alvaro Tamarit.

1 comment:

Ministryofdeco said...

I´ve done a report of Tamarit´s house on Singulares Magazine, you´ll love it:
www.singularesmagazine.com

Elena