to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Nov 13, 2010

In Bruges

An invitation to celebrate an important event in my husband's life takes us to Bruges. 
We use the occasion to stay overnight, there is an exhibition I'd really like to visit.



This is about the only ray of sun we'll see...


... it is autumn, but the wrong side of it.  Stormy with heavy showers, struggling against cold wind and I forgot to take an umbrella (which I never use anyway).  Looking around in the streets reveals umbrellas are worthless in this kind of weather!


I should have taken more pictures of these temporary installations ... they were all over the city.


On our way to one of the locations of the exhibition (more on that the next days) we pass the Pavilion designed by Korean-Japanese architect Toyo Ito.

I'm not sure if it was meant to stand in the middle of a pool.


No comments: