to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Aug 13, 2010

Vienna continued

Sunny May-days in Vienna Austria ...

The MuseumsQuartier is definitely a place not to be missed.  The former imperial stables are buzzing with activities.
'With its about 50 institutions for contemporary art and culture the MuseumsQuartier Wien is one of the ten largest cultural areas worldwide'.
Visual and performing arts, dance, architecture, theatre and music as well as new media, design, film, cultural activities for young and old, and eight different gastronomic venues. (we had a nice lunch in one of them)



One can easily spend a day here visiting all the exhibitions at the Leopold Museum, The MUMOK (Museum of Modern Art Ludwig Foundation Vienna) and the Kunsthalle Wien.  And there is a great bookshop on architecture to spend more time in.
MuseumsQuartier Wien
www.mqw.at/

The day ends with the sun going down on the old part of Vienna.

Bottom right on the picture above is the city hall and it is a copy of the one in Brussels (I was told), the resemblance is striking apart from the fact that the Vienna building is symmetrical and the one in Brussels isn't.








Back home I realized that the memory card of my camera had let me down in Vienna.  The photo shop managed to rescue my pictures.  I will post a selection of the galleries I've visited back in May.

No comments: