to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Dec 11, 2008

something to read at Brussels Biennial - extras



Part of the exhibition at the Brussels Biennial suffers from technical problems. But at the ticket counter no-one said that part of it is closed. Tickets are only valid the day of purchase.


Another part that is not working. We asked for the second stamp at the reception where the person did not know what was happening. We were not able to return to the exhibition, but I would like to check if we can get in again to view the - hopefully repaired - works.




So, with this as a start I thought I post a few more pictures I took at the exhibition with more stuff to read. Interesting or not, I just like to take pictures of it. Some of the works have been posted previously with other photos.



title of part of the exhibition


detail of two panels by Christine Meisnerher work is about colonial and precolonial history






I used two previous pictures in a previous post, but they actually fit better here.

Gert Robijns


Sister Corita


This part of the Biennial is in a former Post Sorting Center. Labels and stickers of previous employees are still present on windows.

the yellow paper says : I thank you for yesterday, I am happy with you today, with you I hope for tomorrow
translation of the white paper : keep smiling
I guess it was someone with a positive nature that worked here





Karla Black

You used to be part of something
Vaast Colson

Luc Deleu

more info on the Brussels Biennial : UPDATE : I removed the link as it seemed to be broken and showed something completely different and not related.
all posts on the Brussels Biennial : HERE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Show me don't tell me.
That's a good one!