to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Dec 12, 2008

fascinating world map



reproduction of a world map designed by R. Buckminster Fuller


I'm absolutely fascinated by maps of all kinds, I could spend hours and hours looking at them. This one is pretty fascinating because of the unusual view. Where usually you could point out where you live quite easily, it takes some effort to work it out now (in Europe anyway). It is a Dymaxion-map which shows less distortion of relative size of areas. Use the link to have a look at more ways to look at the world.


at the Brussels Biennial : http://www.brusselsbiennial.org/
all posts on the Brussels Biennial : HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they left out australia

hildA said...

Australia was on the map too, but as usual somewhere at the bottom and out of the picture ... I can't help it Sonny, I could not step backwards far enough to get it included.
Happy New Year