to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Dec 4, 2008

clearing ... trying to

It is too cold to be working in the big studio - anyway, my inspiration is very low. But I do have another studio which is rarely used, and that is the sewing room. It contains tons of material gathered during more than 30 years. Since my quilting days are gone a lifetime ago I'm sure most of them won't be used anymore. I already gave a lot away, but these tiny scraps from cherished bits and pieces ...
It must be the crocheting artist-painter, a few posts ago, that gave me the appetite to dig into this Ali Baba cave again.

And yes, ... I ripped countless metres of fabrics and started to knit a scarf ...

... After a considerable length I knew I did not like the stitch I was using, so ...

... I pulled the whole thing back to zero ...


... I like this much better.
result : a 2 metres long scarf, a lot of material cleared, and maybe some new ideas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When it's too cold, the cookingstudio is also a nice place to be in , here we then make paella from bits and pieces...
Just an idea to go from studio to studio.