to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jun 18, 2008

a forgotten piece - and after and before

Recently I visited my husband at his office and saw this colourful crazy patchwork on the wall. I completely forgot about this one, I made several years ago and it only took me a few hours to make it. Just a sew and go thing without any preparation, so it didn't have time to settle in my mind. It is weird to see something that I made myself but I look at it as a stranger. It is the only one I made this way, but a few weeks ago I made a chair that is very much like this. And it took me several days to achieve it.
this is the after.



it came like this before, a bit sad and tired looking chair with a plastic cover, although it was a nice one in its younger days.

No comments: