to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Feb 12, 2008

Belgian trouble

In the previous months, Belgium was going through a political crisis. Suddenly the two communities showed their differences and dislikes (there are actually 3 communities, but the third one is so small that most of the people are not even aware it exists) . To support the unity of Belgium, flags started to appear at windows. Everywhere you went the national colours could be seen.
It developped an idea in my mind which I'm not sure I will finish, this is just a tiny part of it.

4 comments:

Sas said...

Nice post Hilda :)

I loved the beautiful picture of your work in progress while I was considering the fact that different opinions always seem to shatter human kind.

It seems sometimes we look only at the pieces that don't match instead of the pieces that match perfectly and form a beautiful unity despite our differences :)

Thank you for sharing your work and I hope you catch some sun today :))

Sas

hildA said...

thank you Sas for your wise comment,

It is the difference that sometimes makes things richer.

It was a nice sunny day indeed, I did some work in the garden too.

hildA

Rika said...

You have a great blog!

hildA said...

thankk you so much Rein for your visit and comment