to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Nov 23, 2007

glass & concrete

Trying to get accustomed to the new camera, I start to look at details again the way I used to years ago. I never was a photographer but many years ago, I loved to make pictures of details on buildings. Everywhere on my travels I would have one or two cameras, one with a stronger zoom lens. I suddenly stopped photographing when I had to wear glasses for my aging eyes and I couldn't focus anymore the way I was used to. Almost from one moment until the next I stopped looking at details, I wasn't interested anymore, I couldn't see them properly. Another thing was that I realized I actually never looked at my pictures again. So for about 6 or 7 years I didn't make any pictures. When a small digital camera came into my life things gradually started to change again. Of course, this little camera does not have the possibilities my former ones had, but all of a sudden I realize that I start looking again, hunting details.
This dome is made of concrete and glass, somewhere in Brussels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear, hello! after long silence i finally drop you a line. complements for your creative ideas and self-organization which deserves admiration! big big hug. (i'll write you an email soon.)
anna.

hildA said...

great to hear from you again, thank you for the compliments. Hugs